Bring your best
Senior Software / Protocol Engineer (Remote)
NewNode is a fast and reliable, private, peer-to-peer decentralized content distribution network (dCDN) that is resistant to a variety of types of disruption, from simple bottlenecks to deliberate censorship attacks. We are looking for several senior software engineers to help us scale up the NewNode network and diversify its applications. You will be working closely with engineers who previously built FireChat and who made deep technical contributions to BitTorrent.
Clostra is headquartered in Miami, but has been fully remote / work-from-home (WFH) since 2013. Joining our rapidly growing company is a significant opportunity for growth and development.
Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position.
- Work within a team of software and protocol engineers to develop highly-portable C code implementing a complex suite of network protocols
- Collaborate on protocol design
- Integrate with a variety of local network interfaces
- Minimum 5 years of experience with network programming in C
- BA in CS or another technical field
- Demonstrated ability to write complex, high-performance, evented network code
- Working knowledge of applied cryptography
- Experience in implementing a protocol specification, e.g., an IETF RFC
- Experience in a startup environment
- Protocol design and development experience, e.g., co-authorship or lead authorship of IETF drafts or another protocol specifications
- Experience with peer-to-peer or other distributed systems
- Contributions to open-source projects
- Experience with iOS / Android mobile development